Monday, August 22, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

I have never been one to make resolutions when one year fades away and a new year begins. I have, however, always been one to reflect so I can make changes and to improve. A new school year always provided that opportunity for me. I would always think about the previous school year and decide new things I wanted to try and clear out things that didn't work so well. Then I would make a list and get started.

As an Instructional Technology Facilitator, I work the same way. I think about various lessons that I have co-taught or modeled as well as professional development that was delivered the previous year. I then make a list of things I need to do to make the lessons and PD better. My main reflection for this year is how to make the follow-up activities teacher friendly. Our county is moving toward using Google Apps and my "resolution" will be to incorporate Google Docs into the follow-up. Hopefully, I will be able to hit two targets: getting teachers comfortable with and using Google Docs and making it easier for me to check on the follow-up activities. I am excitied to see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment