Tuesday, January 15, 2013

How Techy Am I?

I read a post from Lori's Latest Links in which she posted confessions of someone considered to be techy. I smiled at some of her confessions because they sounded like me. So it got me thinking about sharing my confessions with you.

Remember I am an Instructional Technology Facilitator so it is expected that I love technology and tend to be a little geeky. Expectations met. But my whole life doesn't revolve around technology, so here are my confessions:

1. I am not constantly on my phone. I actually turn my cell phone off after work everyday and on the weekends. Friends will text me and when I turn the phone on again Monday morning, I will finally see the text. When I go out to eat with friends, coworkers, or family, my phone stays in my purse.
2. I do not constantly check Facebook and update my Facebook status.
3. I don't use Instagram.
4. I still love to read real books. Yes, I do read ebooks and have done more ebooks within the last year. But there is just something about the feel and experience of opening and reading a book that you just don't experience on a ebook reader or app.
5. I believe that I need to unplug a little more than I do. I want to try to take Sunday afternoons off...no iPad, no Pinterest, no TV, no laptop. I want to find a hobby that doesn't involve electronics.

What about you? What technology confessions do you have?

No comments:

Post a Comment