Thursday, February 6, 2014

Blog Challenge: Day 20 Website You Can't Live Without

Final Blog Challenge!: What is a website that you cannot live without? Tell about your favorite features and how you use it in your teaching and learning.

I don't really think of this as a "website" per-say, but I would have to say it would be very difficult to do without my Google Apps account! I use it every. single. day. Of course, with Google Apps, you get Gmail, Drive, Calendar, Sites, Blogger, and access to lots of Drive compatible apps like HelloSign.

I take advantage of as many features as I can to keep myself organized and on track. My documents are housed in Drive, so I don't have to worry about not having access to the materials that I need. I use the calendar to keep up with everything (meetings, PLCs, teaching schedule, and to do lists). I have my emailed organized by using filters and labels. Of course, I can't talk about Google Apps without mentioning the benefits of the collaboration piece, whether it is Chat, docs collaboration, or a Google Hangout. I love my Google Apps account.

If you are a GCS employee, then think about signing up for the Instructional Technology Facilitators' 30 hour online Moodle Course on Google Apps. I think you will learn a lot and also tap into the many possibilities of this wonderful tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment