Monday, February 17, 2014

More Online WhiteBoard Tools

A few weeks ago, I wrote about a cool tool called PixiClip. I thought I would add a couple more to my blog that I will be showing my teachers at one of my schools.

Again, these online whiteboard tools are an awesome way to make thinking visible in your classroom.


Awwapp.com is a simple browser-based application and is super easy to use. Go to their site and simply click "start drawing." You can invite others to collaborate on your drawing by sending them the link. AwwApp works across platforms on laptops, Chromebook, Android tablet, and iPad. You can even use it on your classroom website by adding the plug-in.



Sketchlot is another free collaborative online whiteboard that works on any device with a web browser. Sketchlot was designed with schools in mind and allow teachers to create an account and then add their list of students. Each student is then given their own password to join a drawing shared by the teacher. Teachers have the capability to share to one student or to all of their students at the same time. Students can also create sketches and share back to the teacher and their classmates. With a little code copying and pasting, you can embed your sketches on your website.

Check these out as you make thinking visible in your classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment