Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Live Life Like a Turtle?

I read a blog post recently on creativity by Trisha Riche and she mention a quote by Ruth Peale. "Live life every day like a turtle. To get anywhere, a turtle has to stick its neck and take a risk. So take risks every day. It's the only way to truly live and make a difference in the world."


So I thought what a perfect quote to reflect as 2011 fades into history and 2012 brings new possibilities to stick out our necks. As I reflect over the past year, I think about when I took risks. I think as educators we take risks each and every day as we strive to find ways to engage our students in our content. As an Instructional Technology Facilitator, we take risks as we try to provide examples and feedback to teachers integrating technology into the classroom. 


As 2012 dawns, some risks that I will be endeavoring in will be revamping TRICKS to meet Common Core Standards and Balanced Literacy, helping with a repository for our district SMART Lessons, and working on Pinnacle Staff Development for the summer. 


Changes are afoot. But sometimes, change is the way to make a difference in the world...


Live life every day like a turtle." To get anywhere, a turtle has to stick its neck out and take a risk. So take risks every day. It's the only way to truly live and make a difference in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment