Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Blog Challenge Day 3: Go to Website

Day Four: What is a website that you cannot live without? Tell about your favorite features and how ou use it in your teaching and learning.

I curate a lot of content and have to have a way to keep things organized. One website that I use to help me is...Pinterest. I am sure that you have at least heard of Pinterest, but in case you haven't, it is a virtual pin board allowing you to pin images as links to material you have found on the web. It is a social network in the aspect that you can follow others and they can follow you allowing you to view each other pins. You can even work collaboratively and pin to each other boards. Since I am very visual, I love Pinterest. Educators world wide have flocked to Pinterest and are providing lots of educational content and ideas. I categorized my boards by topic such as iPads, BYOD, Web 2.0 tools, digital storytelling, and more. I blend professional pins and personal pins that are related to my hobbies all in one place. Feel free to follow me on Pinterest and see what I am talking about. Warning: It is addictive!

No comments:

Post a Comment