Friday, January 17, 2014

Blog Challenge Day 7 Just One Thing

Blog challenge: What is ONE thing you wish you were better at? Just one! Why? What could you do about it?

Great question to ask this early into the new year, a typical time of the year when people assess their goals, take a look back at where they have been, and a look ahead to see where they want to go. This so reminds me of Jon Gordon's challenge to pick one word to focus on for the year instead of a bunch of resolutions that are long forgotten by the time February 1 arrives. If you aren't familiar with Jon Gordon, he is probably best known as the author of The Energy Bus or The Seed. His books are meaningful and easy to read and I encourage you to check him out.

So the one thing that I wish I were better at, the one word that I want to focus on this year is joy. I, by nature, am a serious person and I think know that I am too serious. I wish I was better at letting go and loosing up, not worrying about being embarrassed and my face turning bright red. I wish I was better at enjoying the moment, of finding joy in everything around me.

So I am going to keep Jon Gordon's advice in mind as I focus on the word Joy this year. I will focus on stepping outside of my serious nature and comfort zone and start making some joyful memories. How about you? Have a good weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Teresa,
    This is a wonderful blog post!! :) I think I want my word to be Grace.
    Aundrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post. I so enjoyed reading about your word choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate the inspiration to enjoy the moment, also being one who can be too serious as times!

    ReplyDelete